[Farmall] Solvents

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 15:19:53 PST 2006

I hold a degree in organic chemistry, though I  certainly (and freely, almost proudly) admit to never having pressed it  into play.
  If my memory serves, alchohol and its relatives will not prove too awfully successful when challanged by "petroleum chains".
  You might try tri-chloro ethane or related solvents such as toluene  (spelling?).  My strong admonition, however, is to exercise  cautious measures.  These (and many others) are nasty products (as  is gasoline, by the way).  Not only are they volatile there are  carcinagenic issues, too.
  My two cents which are worth (probably) one cent.
  Jm

"Gary Hayes in Bouse, AZ" <naagary at yahoo.com> wrote:  Denatured Alcohol can work well.

it is very flamable and with voc at 806/l the
environmental guys don't like it.

> John Hall

Gary Hayes

naagary at yahoo.com  showcard at rraz.com