[AT] More On Electric Motors

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 13:15:27 PST 2006

When i was young an worked at Rio Vista Army depot. we had a very old turn
of the century type motor that ran our air compressor.
You took hold of a very large lever and pulled toward the back of the  engine
and then turned on the juice the motor word start turning about 10  RPM after
it was going pretty smooth you tripped the lever back to run position  prayed
that the big buss fuses held and if they did you had air pressure in no
time.  That engine was as big as dining table for 4.  The  compressor ran the
entire base.   A lot of CFMs
It gave you a real respect for the old equipment that our grandfathers  used.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460