[AT] Re: January?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sat Jan 21 21:52:59 PST 2006

    Here in Ohio it has been warm too. Have had very little
freezing weather since Christmas. The Amish neighbors have been
plowing this week, but still too wet to work with tractors.
    I believe it was about 1984 on New Year's day, I was field
cultivating soybean ground with no cab in a t-shirt.
    One year ago, we had lots of melting snow and rain with the
ground still frozen and standing water everywhere. Many of the
roads were closed by high water and then it froze on the roads.
The county had to open my road with an end loader to get the ice
off the road.
    I have been clearing fence rows the last 2 weeks between
rains when the ground gets dry enough to run the dozer. Next few
days are supposed to be clear and warm, so maybe I can get back
to work on Monday.

                Gene