[AJD] GOG and 2 Cyl Mag swap meet

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 21:21:16 PST 2006

Dean,
Ah, but big things come in little packages... .

There is some confusing data reported after the first 2-Cyl swap meet.
Apparently a questionaire was sent to some (all?) participants, asking
questions about how it went, how often, etc.  Results were reported in the
May-June 2005 Two-Cylinder magazine on p. 30.  There it was stated that
annual/semiannual was split 70/30, and 1500 attendees were present.  Since I
had planned on going (but couldn't as it was the weekend of our grandson's
baptism) I asked folks how it went, attendance, etc. at the LeSueur swap
meet, Portland swap meet, etc. prior to the article appearing.  I got quite
different numbers for the attendance (lower), and two of nine I spoke with
(I think those were the numbers) that got questionaires replied annual with
the rest replying semiannual, with several mentioning alternating with GOG.

I would have liked to go to this swap meet, but GOG committments require I
go to it (which I would have done anyway as I really enjoy the GOG).  Maybe
next year.

Duane Larson