[AT] Re: January?

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Sat Jan 21 21:03:34 PST 2006

Hi, Was listening to the news tonight, and down by Onawa Iowa, just south of Sioux City, the farmers are in the fields. Showed one fellow chisel plowing with a drag behind, and the ground looked like it was working up nice. The newscaster went on to say that the ground is not frozen and all moisture is soaking into the soil. In 1970 the record low was -27. I have plowed in December and I have seen people disc in February, but I have never seen anything like this in January.     Dallas