[AJD] GOG and 2 Cyl Mag swap meet

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Jan 21 13:51:58 PST 2006

I didn't realize until recently that 2 Cylinder Magazine has scheduled
another winter swap meet a week and 1/2 before the start of the 2006 GOG. I
seem to recall last year when the first winter swap meet was scheduled it
was going to be held on the off years of the GOG.  Obviously that isn't true
any more.

In looking at vendors attending both events from a distance, they will have
a week 1/2 of down time between events. I wonder why these events were not
scheduled on consecutive weekends so that vendors as well as potential
attendees could catch both events in a week's time rather than 2 weeks.

I suspect this is creating a lot of conflict between the two event
organizers. Not something that should be happening in this hobby. Must be
something that I don't know or understand.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com