[Farmall] Tap / Die Set

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 20 18:28:54 PST 2006

If you can afford it, buy a HSS set , not one made of carbon steel, those
are pure junk. Look into MSC or J&L's websites and see what they have to
offer. Don't be fooled into paying extra for tin coated taps and dies.
Normally the general public gets way over charged for this "magical"
coating.

I reccomend when possible 2 other methods for cleaning threads that are very
fast and a lot cheaper. A pedestal grinder with a wire brush is great for
bolt threads. Sandblasting  is great for tapped holes--just make sure there
is no grease or oil inside the hole first and use eye protection and common
sense when blowing the sand back out.

John Hall