[AT] What tractor for my snowblower?

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Fri Jan 20 12:49:35 PST 2006

If nature would have only made it so that cotton would grow really really
well in the cold, snowy northern climates -

I've seen a couple of 50's era cotton pickers, which were two row pickers,
mounted on the back/sides of a Farmall M and a John Deere A.  A nice big
platform with all the controls "turned around" was installed on the tractors
and the differentials were "rolled over" so the tractors had five or six
speeds in "reverse" (I was told that the dealers in the south sold these
cotton pickers but I don't know if these modifications were done at the
factory or by the dealer - maybe some of you guys down in the warm weather
country can tell us).  But maybe these tractors don't have a slow enough
first gear or even enough power for a snow blower the size being discussed
so they wouldn't work after all.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington