[AT] Old shop lathe motor-- motor questions for you "experts"

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Thu Jan 19 20:56:03 PST 2006

I sell a lot of bearings to an oilfield service outfit that rewinds a bunch
of 10hp Baldor 10hp R-I motors. The R-I motors have loads of startup torque
and are very forgiving of "dirty" power in places where the well and
pumpjack might be over 1000 ft from the utility pole and transformer. Baldor
doesn't make them anymore but they can be rebuilt many many times and
everyone in the oil patch around here uses them and has a few spares lying
around. I should look up and post the Baldor catalog number as they will buy
any rebuildable "cores" they can find of this particular motor.
Mark