[AT] What tractor for my snowblower?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 18 21:13:07 PST 2006

Greg, thats the advantage of the rear mount snowblower . My Cockshutt 40 has
no power steering but with the weight of the blower on the back I can steer
the tractor easily as the front gets pretty light. Sure adds to the traction
too. I'd say a rear mount blower will go through way more snow than a front
mount will simply for the traction advantage. But its true, the neck
twisting can be a bit much on a long driveway. Guess I'll have to install
mine for the first time this winter. The yard is getting pretty heavy going
and I hate to pile it up with the blade. The snowblower just makes the snow
disappear whereas the blade pushes up mountains of snow that eventually take
up most of the space in the yard.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/