[AT] Old shop lathe motor-- motor questions for you "experts"

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Wed Jan 18 19:42:47 PST 2006

The motor is single phase but it is not a 2 speed. It will run 1450 rpm on
50 cycle power as found elsewhere in the world and 1760 rpm on 60 cycle
power like we have here in the US. There are 2 speed motors such as the
5hp/10hp on my Warner & Swasey No. 3 which will run 860 rpm at 5hp and 1720
rpm at 10hp but they are usually 3 phase.
Mark