[AJD] OT : LED lights

astroguy at nas.com astroguy at nas.com
Wed Jan 18 16:56:07 PST 2006

I am "restoring" a 1930 White fire engine.  About 80% of the original
engine is missing and we are trying to reproduce what we can from pictures.

In our search for rear brake lights, we have chosen to fabricate our own.
We are thinkng of useing 6 volt LED's for the light source in the brake
lights. We need the small lights for the very limited space inside the
light box. Of course you wont be able to know what kind of lights are being
used inside as the LEDS would be hidden behind a red glass and diffusion
panel.

A goodle search was simply ovewhelming!

My questions is three-fold:

1     Where can I find 6 volt LED's

2     How much light do I need?   (Lumens)

3     Any special knowledge needed for using these lights? (wiring
mounting, etc.)

Thanks, Kreig

http://mail2web.com/ .