[AJD] Need Help on the Governor for a G

bill gray billgrayalt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 19:45:32 PST 2006

  Can someone give me some pointers on disassembling the governor assembly on a late model G?  I need to replace the thrust bearing and while I am at it I thought I would replace the rest of the bearings.  I am trying to find a good way of reacting the distributor/magneto drive flange to press the shaft out. If I press against the fan drive gear I will be applying the force to the spring instead of the flange. I have an old I&T Shop Manual and they say to remove the flange using an O.T.C Puller but I am not sure what that is.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Gray
Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations
In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W
Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G