[AJD] corks

wwwayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Fri Jan 13 19:49:26 PST 2006

Gee Bill, don"t know off hand but industrial shops should be able to tell
you.  I learned this when I worked in the crankshaft shop in Fairbanks Morse
half a century ago but I remember they were Greenwald and I used one where
full threads were suposed to be tapped and still remember the upbraiding I
got over it...On broken bolts and ezouts.  If its a blind hole, drill a hole
all the way through the broken bolt the same size as a pin punch that you
have.  Fill the hole with oil, insert the punch and rap it hard.  Hydraulic
pressure will force the oil around the threads.  Do this several times, then
try the ez out gently.  Works for me.  If its a horizonal hole, I stuff wax
in the hole, put the punch in place to trap the wax and heat it with a
propane torch until the was starts kto run, and give it a good rap.  A
little patience generally gets it out.  And a #3 ez out works wonders for
removing the nozzles out of a DLTX81 after somebody in front of you has
cammed out the slots in the nozzle.
Merle Wayne