[AT] Scales for antique tractors???

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jan 13 13:23:06 PST 2006

Walt:

At least you are admitting to what you are doing. I've watched the Brooks
pull several times and there is quite a bit of "pushing the limits" going on
there. A few years ago there was a JD hand start B that was out pulling
everybody, obviously not stock but still it was just performing better than
any JD B that I had ever seen. After the pulling was over I walked by the
tractor because it really puzzled me. What I found was that he had the hitch
about 2" higher than the maximum allowed and had weights sticking out way up
front. He had found the magic formula but I'm surprised he got away with it.

Rules don't mean a damn thing unless they are enforced. The Brooks pulling
track is one of the better ones in the NW however.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com