[AT] Tractor image album

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 14:15:36 PST 2006

A friend of mine from Montreal sent me this site:
<http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=112>

It is a whole bunch of images of mostly British antique tractors, but
you will see a few familiar ones as well. Some of you may be familiar
with it, but I had not seen it before.

By the way, it was an unbelievable 60°F here in NJ today, and I decided
to move some of my tractors around to make them more accessible later
on. The Case 430CK started up as if I had last run it yesterday, instead
of 3 months ago. The Ford 860 took a little TLC and a battery boost (I
know that it is overdue for a tune-up and some minor engine work). And
the Farmall Super M, which hadn't been run since October, fired right up
and sounded even better than when I had put it away. All three tractors
are 12 volt systems. Which brings me to the Farmall 340; unfortunately,
the 6 volt battery just doesn't seem to have enough "oomph" to spin the
engine fast enough when cold. Part of the problem is probably the long
battery cables and perhaps the need for a better ground. It "popped"
once, but that was all. I left it with the battery charge on it, and
maybe it will start tomorrow. As much as I hate to admit it, I have a
feeling that the only solution will be to convert it to 12 volts eventually.

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I
learn." -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790); US politician and scientist.