[AT] Scales for antique tractors???

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 08:15:17 PST 2006

One thing that I will never understand how  someone can be proud of  trophies
that they cheated to win.
I do my  best not to cheat but in tractor pulling these days its either cheat
or look  stupid.  So I have my Rpm's setup a bit more than stock and I have
an LP  head to get better compression a small amount of difference but what
most guys  call close enough to be stock.
The scales that we use here are pretty close  and will weigh the tractor the
same each time at the same pull, but when you go  to the next one it may very
some from the last pull. We just adjust our weights  to compensate for the
difference and if everyone uses the same scales it all  comes out equal in the
end.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361