[AT] Scales for antique tractors???

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Thu Jan 12 09:00:26 PST 2006

Something like that ;-)  The phrase "farm stock" causes a lot of folks
serious pain,
and at the vast majority of pulls really shouldn't be used.  There are
some clubs
around who pull true stock classes.  Lots of squabbling over what's
"stock" and what's
not at those.  It's readily apparent when someone with a bone-stock
tractor hooks to
the sled at one of our club pulls - they place last, but we don't
pretend to pull
stock tractors.

We really have it pretty good out here in Misery.  There are a handful
of antique pulling
clubs around the state, and for the most part rules are close to those
used by NATPA and
USAP.  Most, not all, but most, of the brush pulls will have rules that
are fairly close
to national rules.

There's been much debate about the NATPA over the years, whether or not
it's been good for
the sport etc.  One good thing is has done is to establish a baseline
set of rules that
are widely used here in the midwest.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416