[AT] 3Ph, etc. now ramble (born free taxed till death)

Bill Bear Hood mmman at netscape.com
Tue Jan 10 16:49:56 PST 2006

Gene
Mattias would fit in around the fire at Portland

Your 320 reminded me of one I bought in about 74 or so.  I bought it at the Catching Bros monthly Auction at Howe Tx.  It was complete with new rails, rollers, growsers,sprockets and front idler pully.  The machine had Magnolia Pipeline Co stenciled on it(Mobil Oil Co).  I paid for it and some other stuff and when I went to load they told me there was a hold on it.  It seems that the little pot metal ID tag was missing--I did not notice it gone when I looked at it earlier.  Auction owners said they would contact sellers and confirm was not stolen.  I called back mid week and they said they had mailed me a refund.  I often wondered if someone associated with the auction just wanted it more than I did.  I did later that year buy a JD 1010 with a bad injector pump and used it to clear brush and fence lines for several years.  Enjoy having a dozer--it and a skid loader are somewhat like a pocket knife--necessary.  We are using a Case 450 loader now, but I need to rebuild the #1 hole as it has  little compression--I bought it this way knowing that they had let water get in it.  I got it unstuck, but need to put a piston and sleve in #1.

I am going to get the use of a older D4 Cat for as long as I need it to clean up over on the place we are going to build a new house for my son and his family.  I have to put a new/rebuilt track adjuster on one side of the D4 for using it.
Bear

Live every day of your life like a three year old.  Get down in the dirt with it, roll in it and smile a lot.  Bear