[AJD] Bill-family tractors AND fuel line fitting

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sun Jan 8 20:26:39 PST 2006

Re: the 48 G, I actually bought a really nice donor tractor a few years back
but had to sell something this fall when the GP followed me home from the
auction.  Shed was full and I don't like to have my toys outside.  Figured
when I got ready to do the G I could come up with a donor within a year or
so.  Maybe the next one won't be in such good shape...this donor was really
straight and complete, would have been kind of a shame to part it out.  But
at the price of individual parts, and all the things I was going to need,
the numbers made a lot of sense.

The 48 G was our main tractor until the 70 came along.  I have fond memories
of field work with this G, especially plowing with a 3-14.  The drawbar hole
is really egg shaped, testament to the work she has done; I'll leave it that
way. It also matches my birth year...yeah, I've got to finish this one.

I've got a permanent search on eBay for someone selling blank tags.  I seem
to recall seeing one sell a couple of years ago.  The serial number tag will
be the finishing touch, and the one thing that a donor tractor can't help
with.  I may have to find someone who is etching tags for this one, I'd
rather have it look right than get a replacement tag from JD.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.