[AJD] Chris C's AR

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 22:22:22 PST 2006

Tommy,

           I only have picture of it as I found it right now.  They can be seen at
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jdnut  I also added some more recent pictures of my 40 out mowing my runway and my cousin's 47 BO.   I will try and get some more pictures of the AR soon.

                                Chris

Tommy Wilson <t17wilson at cox.net> wrote:
  Chris,
Good to hear your AR is coming along but
the best news is that your wife will be home
soon. Do you have any pictures posted? (Of the AR!)

I've pretty well got mine torn down as
far as it needs to go. I've got an engine block
coming from Merle Wayne and some other parts from
Greg. I still haven't gotten the tires yet. Just
missed out by a day on some 80% tread used rice
and cane tires last week but they were sold by
the time I called. I did get the old tires
dismounted on Friday but didn't get a chance this
weekend to clean the rims up. As soon as the
parts get here and the block and tires get bolted
on, then I can put some diesel in the cavities
and pull it around to clean the insides up. Until
then I'm in a holding pattern. That's good
really, as I have to go to Houston tomorrow for a
meeting and won't be back until Wednesday afternoon....TW

At 06:51 PM 1/7/2006, you wrote:

> I just noticed today, that my parts AR is s/n
>274105 and my 'good' AR is 274126. I know that is not
>nearly as intersting as consecutive serial numbers,
>but to just happen across them that close without
>trying seems fairly unlikely. It's a shame there
>isn't anything left of 105 to speak of. This little
>fact did just save it from the scrap bin though. Now
>I am eyeing my 1948 A tricycle as an engine donor if I
>get bored next summer... I would still need to find
>all the sheetmetal, and a radiator.. rear rims..
>tires.. Yep.. it's a long shot at best.
>
> On another note, I get my last phone call from
>my wife in the middle east tonight. Very shortly I
>will be meeting her in San Diego while the Navy waves
>their magic wand and turns her back into a reservist
>from active duty. In case one of you is a terrorist,
>the Navy has asked me not to reveal her unit number or
>detail about their arrival.. Nevermind that a bad guy
>with a good spotting scope over there could figure it
>all out anyway...
>
> Chris

Tommy Wilson
Ruston, LA