[AJD] Power Lift Serial Number vs Tractor Serial Number????

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Jan 7 20:27:04 PST 2006

It's only a spot reference, but I have the original operators manual from
the G my dad bought new in 1948.  He recorded the serial numbers inside the
front cover for tractor/mag/power lift.  G37319 / XCO99652 / PLV33328.  Book
is almost like new, a couple of bent corners on the pages, he kept it in his
filing cabinet, not in the shop.  Also have the op manual for the M he
bought that same year.  The M book still has the tear-out card to send back
to JD and the little card to carry in your billfold so you'll have the
serial number with you.  Both are filled out in his handwriting but not torn
from the book.  Thought about this just tonight as I read Greg's article in
the current issue of GM.

Unfortunately, the M was stolen 30 years ago and the G was badly stripped
for parts, including the tag, after he died and before I could get the
estate under cover.  I do have the G.  With the help of a donor tractor,
someday...

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.