[AJD] Dual Hydraulic output on 50, 60, 70

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Jan 7 21:27:40 PST 2006

In one of my parts scrounging trips I found and purchased a secondary valve
system that mounts to the left side of the battery box on the first numbered
series to get dual hydraulic outputs on the first numbered series. This set
up is shown and required when using a three point roll-over plow such as an
821 which I have. The plow manual describes a very complex butchering job
that needs to be done to the metal hydraulic pipes from the pump. I have
been very reluctant to make this kind of modification to a factory
configured tractor.

However, in eBay auction # 7579558925 this valve system is shown on a
restored 70 with the hoses plumbed directly into the Power-Troll which would
be much more desirable if it accomplishes the same thing. I've seen similar
plumbing on the letter series when using the JD Live pump sandwiched between
the governor and magneto/distributor.

But I don't fully understand how this is done and what parts it takes to do
so. Anyone on the list have any instructions, a service bulletin reference,
or any write up on how I can use this external valve for dual hydraulics on
a 50 or 60?

I've always wanted to use this setup so I could have a 50 or 60 with an 800
Series Hitch with a 800 series roll-over plow attached.  Have all the parts
I think,  now I need to learn how to do the plumbing except I don't want to
butcher the pipes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290