[AJD] Close AR serial numbers.

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 16:51:13 PST 2006

    I just noticed today,  that my parts AR is s/n
274105 and my 'good' AR is 274126.  I know that is not
nearly as intersting as consecutive serial numbers,
but to just happen across them that close without
trying seems fairly unlikely.   It's a shame there
isn't anything left of 105 to speak of.  This little
fact did just save it from the scrap bin though.   Now
I am eyeing my 1948 A tricycle as an engine donor if I
get bored next summer...  I would still need to find
all the sheetmetal,  and a radiator..  rear rims..
tires..  Yep.. it's a long shot at best.

     On another note,  I get my last phone call from
my wife in the middle east tonight.  Very shortly I
will be meeting her in San Diego while the Navy waves
their magic wand and turns her back into a reservist
from active duty.  In case one of you is a terrorist,
the Navy has asked me not to reveal her unit number or
detail about their arrival..  Nevermind that a bad guy
with a good spotting scope over there could figure it
all out anyway...

                   Chris