[AJD] Re: fuel line technique...INFO

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Jan 7 14:27:49 PST 2006

I just did a search on expansion coefficient and find that copper is 16.5
while iron is 11.8.  Thus I expect when I heated things it just would have
made the fit tighter.  I'm not sure I'm understanding these numbers right,
but it makes sense that way.  Anyway, now I know better than to waste time
wrestling with the old glands.

Sounds like those brass glands are an offer I can't refuse.  I'll send you a
separate email and place an order, Greg.

And the fake tubing with the ferrule sounds like a good solution, Dave.  I
wouldn't be above doing it that way, either.  But time is not urgent and the
glands are available so I will go that route on this project.

Thanks, all!

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.