[AT] Sandblasting safety

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Thu Jan 5 09:18:29 PST 2006

After reading the responses from you guys that have been sand blasting far
longer than I have my response to Dean below seems a bit flippant to me now
... I made it out of ignorance (or not thinking) and not any intention to
make light of a serious matter.  I appreciate these reminders to wear a good
respirator and this has got me to thinking does anyone know if there are
"blasting products" out there that are safer to use than sand and might not
contain any silicon at all (but of course still have some abrasive
qualities)?
Thanks -

Dudley Rupert
Snohomish, Washington