[AT] plasma cutter 5/8" rated cut for 875$ ??

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jan 5 05:04:37 PST 2006

I have a Thermal Dynamics Econopak 50.  It c ost $1875 5 years ago.  It is
rated 1/2 inch with a 5/8 sever capability.  3/8 in is about the max it will
do well.  Any thicker and you use a lot of tips.  They are not cheap either
(tips).  I get my tips from Arc-Zone.com  about half price.  About every 2
years you have to take the hose and liner apart and run Brake cleaner thru
it to get out the black corrosion that clogs up the hose and reduces air
volume.  This is somethinng that happens to all of them I am told....

Cecil in OKla