[AJD] Light mounting on 39 hand start B

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jan 5 01:18:06 PST 2006

Chris:

The 1939 and 1940 hand Start B's are unique in how lights and starting were
added. If you are using PC330 to try to figure it out you will become more
confused than you really want to have happen. I had real trouble figuring it
out until I got my hands on the original Repair Catalogs 49-R & 58-R dated
April 1942 and August 1943 respectively. The Slant Dash B's were the
solution for electrical lighting and starting on these two years tractors.
Slant dash B's have many changes to accommodate these options. And JD did
sell an upgrade kit to upgrade a hand start to an electric start version.

I just published a 4 page article on all of this, of which half has been
published in the local Two Cylinder Club newsletter with the remaining half
to be published in the next "spring" newsletter. I assume you are no longer
receiving this newsletter.

I will send you the whole article to your private email address so you can
get the full picture.

>From 1941 on there were the long hood B's with the options and the hand
start versions as well but they were quite different from the 1939 and 1940
Slant Dash versions.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!