[AJD] Light mounting on 39 hand start B

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 23:38:51 PST 2006

    I have been studying my parts manual and am
curious as to how one would mount lights on an early
styled B,  Hand start.  Lighting and generators are
shown as an option,  but my parts catalog only show
light brackets (front) for a cast dash B serial
numbers 60000 to 200999.  My B is serial number 91714.
 It has a tin dash.  No holes or places to add the
light mounts shown for that serial number.  On the
later B's it shows the bars mounts that screw into the
steering support.  I don't believe that those work
with the early steering support on mine.

     My question?  How do I mount lights on this
tractor?  Or,  if I were a farmer in 1939 wanting to
add lights,  generator and batter to this tractor,
would I have to 'convert' to the long hood,  cast dash
tractor to accomplish this?

                      Chris