[AT] Some ads from the 12/31 Lancaster Farming

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jan 1 20:12:14 PST 2006

On 1 Jan 2006 at 20:04, Steve W. wrote:

> Mike,
>  I believe it came about as a word that described the parts commonly
> replaced when a car got  "clipped" (hit) in the front or
rear. On many
> vehicles they can be removed in one piece with little
trouble. Is makes
> repairs easier in many ways, instead of buying panels and
fitting them
> just get a clip and bolt it on and paint it. Makes seam
line up MUCH
> easier. and if you shoot the backs of the panels with a
good undercoat
> and then assemble and paint they will generally outlast
the originals.

> Steve Williams
> Near Cooperstown, New York

Farming

> > That is interesting - I never heard that term used
before, but I am
> not
> > much into old cars or automotive body work. I wonder
how that term
> came
> > into use.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > ERNST BORCHERT wrote:
> > > Mike, the front clip is all the body forward of the
firewall. Happy
> > > New Year.

	Here that would be the "doghouse"... OK, so we are
rednecks here.   :-)   I have never heard that "clip" term
before.

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net

	I have created a local Shopsmith users list for my area.
It is described as follows:
This is to be a list for Shopsmith owners and want to be
owners in the general area of Indiana. If you are across
the line in OH or IL that is fine too. I don't want to draw
a hard line but I hope for all members to be within a
reasonable driving distance of each other. This list is for
sharing woodworking tips and stories and Shopsmith tips and
stories but also is to be used for the buying, selling and
swapping of Shopsmith tools, accessories and parts between
members of this list.