[Farmall] 'H' Paint Job

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 1 17:46:08 PST 2006

I am by no means a paint expert but have turned quite a few machines red in
years past so here are my thoughts. It doesn't take a lot of paint to cover
red primer but if you use gray, your'e gonna need a lot more---learned the
hard way. Were you using one  of the HVLP guns or a siphon gun? I only got
to paint once with an HVLP and was very impressed at how little was lost as
overspray.
If you were using a siphon gun, I'd say a gallon was pretty close, I might
would have used 5 quarts. The one thing about painting is to look at your
work and know when to quit. Extra paint ain't gonna help anything unless you
plan on storing the machine outdoors for the next 20 years.

John