[AT] 3Ph, etc.

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 17:42:55 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/1/2006 4:08:24 P.M. Pacific  Standard Time,
dbigdog at columbus.rr.com writes:
I don't usually get into these  discussions but I do have a little background
in this area.
Voltage =  pressure - the correct term for voltage is electro-motive force.
It is the  potential for energy.

Amps = current flow.  Current flow is  dependent upon two things - voltage
(potential) and resistance.

If you  want to equate this to water, consider this - (voltage) / water
pressure  =  1000 psi.  (amps) flow or gpm. is a function of the water pressure and
the  size of the discharge pipe (resistance).

A larger conductor is capable of  carrying more flow but it will only carry
more flow if there is sufficient  pressure to create the flow.

Power is a function of potential (voltage)  and flow (amps)  and equates to
consumption or usage.

Bigdog