[Farmall] Need IH Super A parts on the west coast

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 22 15:32:45 PST 2006

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say very little interchanges between
an A and a Super A.
I don't have parts books so I am going to go by memory, and it ain't the
best.

If the A was origianlly a kerosene tractor then
the grill probably has provisions for a set of shutters. Likewise the hood
would have to have a 4th hole to allow for the starting tank. I believe the
rear tires were different sizes and the drawbars don't interchange because
they  mount differently. Since the tire size and drawbar mounts are
different then I would think the bull gear housings (final drives) are not
the same. Since the A had no hydraulics,  the block and bell housing would
be different. I also think the starter mounted differently.

Just my best guess, definetly needs backing up.

John Hall