[AT] Rivet how-to

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Feb 5 14:53:51 PST 2006

For you to actually experience the difference between USB 1.0 and USB
2.0, you would have to do some accurate timing on the lag between
sending a file to your printer and the actual beginning of printing, or
on the actual amount of time it takes to scan a high resolution image
(1200 dpi or higher) using the two different controllers.  My guess is
that under normal circumstances, you're not going to notice any
difference.

The only people who seem to get bent out of shape about the speed of
their USB ports are serious "gamers".  Recognize that the warning
message that shows up on your screen when you have high speed hubs or
peripherals plugged into low speed hubs or controllers is just a
mandated message that you can safely ignore with no danger of damage or
real degradation of service.

Larry