[AT] Combine salvage yards

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Feb 27 10:44:54 PST 2006

	My favorite and closest ag salvage yard was in Monrovia IN
about 40 miles west of me. It was Everett Brothers. It was there
for many years. About 60% tractors, 30% combines and some misc.
We called them last week and got a phone disconnected response.
We called a friend over in that area that I knew used them too
and he said that they were gone. Some guy came in and offered
them $100 a ton for everything there and they didn't have to
touch a thing. There is a tiny yard up on Indiana 3 just south
of I-70 that has had almost all manure spreaders for about
forever. I see that the trees have all been cut and they are now
in there moving stuff out including some old tractors. Look out
guys... parts for this stuff may get hard to find real soon now.
The tractors themselves may dry up pretty fast too...

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net