[AT] Time passing and how to keep the farm going

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 26 12:25:01 PST 2006

Grant,
A few days delay of the crop planting may not be evident later on.
Suggest taking a cam corder along and if your grandmothers memory is good,
talk to her about things from yesteryear.   Start a subject and let her
continue; prompting as necessary.   Check the audio occasionally.    You can
edit later, or delete.   You may choose to leave the lens protection cap
in-place.
Your primary purpose is visiting her; others can wait until later (another
trip, etc).
Three years ago, a close friend was diagnosed with cancer, with only months
remaining.   We took the next week off (rather easy for us retirees), and
went back to KS and had a good visit; went to an auction, etc.  Within a
month his health started a rapid deterioration.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Herb