[AT] Had to read this twice

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Feb 25 11:13:10 PST 2006

I hate to say it but there is a bit of truth in that story....

Here is another item. City departments run with hydrants, as such they
depend on the volume from the water lines and spec trucks that are only
really used to boost the pressure and feed the hand lines very little on
board storage for water 400-500 gallons is typical.

 In my area and in most rural departments there is always a water supply
problem. We are used to dropping suction lines and running tanker
shuttles, as such we usually spec rigs with the biggest pump and tank
possible. We only have one rig with a 500 gallon tank, it is our BIG
(2200 GPM) portable pump, on a fire where we need lots of water this rig
gets stuck on the creek or pond and shoves the water to the rest. She
will really push water. The rest of our rigs all have pumps of at least
1000 GPM.

Steve Williams