[AT] Had to read this twice

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Feb 25 05:05:12 PST 2006

Since I bought these fire pumps, I have noticed something unusual around
here.    We are in a severe drought with a high fire danger nearly every
day.  I have offered rebuilt firefighting pumps, and these were built to
withstand firefighting use, for about 1/4 the price of new.  I have also
built a complete unit with hose and nozzle to set on a truck or trailer to
fight fires with.  It is not fancy, but would do the job.  I also painted it
safety red ( something I rarely do!).  I have had about 20 calls over a 6
week period of advertisement.  All but one call was from volunteer firemen.
The one individual was from a fellow who had just won a bunch of money in
the scratch off  lottery.  I should have cultivated that call, but I was
really sick with respiratory illness and could barely talk...

I would have thought that anyone in a rural area would have wanted to have
some method to save their home in case of a fire.   I built a trailer
mounted pump and tank over 15 years ago. and bought a new pump to put on it.
Just happened to be one of those Briggs engines with the Magnetron ignition
that can't stand to be left outside uncovered..   The flywheel magnet gets a
little rust and won't work....

I sold 2 pumps to a volunteer unit in the southern part of the state, and I
have another one to go to a small community in the estern part of OK, and it
is being bought by a rancher...  Then I probably will use the rest for spray
pumps....

Everyone just waits on the poor old firefighter whose unit only receives
$2000 per year from the State of OK to take care of all expenses....

Cecil in OKla