[AT] Moldboard plow w/ a PTO?????

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 24 18:49:37 PST 2006

That's a terracing plow.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Danny Tabor
  To: Antique tractor email discussion group
  Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 9:18 PM
  Subject: [AT] Moldboard plow w/ a PTO?????

        Every year I leave Beilers auction wishing I had
  brought a camera. This year was no exception!
         Okay here it is....has anybody ever seen a 1
  bottom moldboard plow with a PTO?? I did at Beilers.
  It was a single bottom plow with the moldboard built
  to allow an auger (9in. or so) to be behind it. This
  was NOT Amish engineering! A company called The
  Service Company out of Texas made it.
       The PTO shaft went to a 3 spd transmission which
  sat between the depth handles for the plow. From there
  a shaft went back to a gear box like a post hole
  digger. The frame of the plow was built to allow this.
  It wasn't a bolt on aftermarket deal. The auger was
  vertical.
        The concept I believe was the moldboard would
  throw the soil into the auger which would break it up.
  Maybe with the intention that you wouldn't have to
  disk after plowing??? I don't know how well it would
  work but I'd think with our soil it would definitely
  take some horsepower to pull it and keep the auger
  turning.
        I bid high on it because it was such an oddity.
  Somebody else bid higher because it was such an
  oddity. Hence, it was an oddity I couldn't afford!
       Danny Tabor