[AT] Had to read this twice

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 16:12:52 PST 2006

You bet you can burn on wet ground...  I've got a 35+ acre bottom field that gets very wet and has lots of standing water.  We didn't farm it for years, but I tried to bush hog it once a year.  With the higher fuel costs last year and a wet fall, I didn't mow it.  It has a creek on 2 sides and a VERY wet drainage ditch on one other side.  We mowed the other side and waited for wind from the right direction.  We burned grass and weeds across standing water.  We have "horse weeds", really giant rag weed that can get 12' tall and too thick to walk thru, in March it burns REAL good.  We burned a 20 acre diagonal across that field in about 20 minutes.

Len Rugen

--0-75714569-1140826372=:31274

<DIV>You bet you can burn on wet ground...  I've got a 35+ acre bottom field that gets very wet and has lots of standing water.  We didn't farm it for years, but I tried to bush hog it once a year.  With the higher fuel costs last year and a wet fall, I didn't mow it.  It has a creek on 2 sides and a VERY wet drainage ditch on one other side.  We mowed the other side and waited for wind from the right direction.  We burned grass and weeds across standing water.  We have "horse weeds", really giant rag weed that can get 12' tall and too thick to walk thru, in March it burns REAL good.  We burned a 20 acre diagonal across that field in about 20 minutes.  <BR> </DIV>Len Rugen<BR>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<DIV>