[AT] ser#'s for Allis K crawlers

John Wyant johnwyant at direcway.com
Thu Feb 23 18:31:42 PST 2006

Hello list,
I recently purchased an Allis Chalmers K,  ser# on trans reads WKO4368. Can
any-one tell me what the deal is on all the ser.# lists when they say that
the KO's had 6000 ser.numbers? everything I can find say that the "W" is for
wide track and the"K" is the model and the O means Oil engine. But of the
pics. I can find on the Web of crawlers with the 6000 ser. numbers seem to
be Orchard models. Could this be why there is supposedly only 18 built. Mine
is obviously not an orchard model and the ser# is not in the 6000 range and
it has a cab. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks John