[AT] Am I crazy?

Bob Seith seithr at denison.edu
Thu Feb 23 05:20:59 PST 2006

Gene --

Glad to learn I am NOT crazy. At least not entirely. Yes, cultivators of
this type work better in light soils than in clay. Our place in Lake
County was light sandy loam. The cultivators acquired a mirror finish
over time.

Somebody mentioned using cultivators like this for hilling potatoes.
That's about the only thing we did NOT use them for. They're not big
enough. They don't move enough soil. But for cultivating acres and acres
of bush beans, young peppers and tomatoes, and even a few hundred
thousand sweet onion plants, they were hard to beat. I spent a large
part of my adolescence staring down at these things from the operator's
platform of a Farmall A. At least ours had the pneumatic lift.

Bob Seith
1953 Farmall Cub