[Farmall] BASIC implement questions

kbecker kbecke6 at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 00:04:45 PST 2006

Spring is right around the corner. I almost have my tractor ready.
Now I need help with equipment.
I am trying to figure out what equipment I need to purchase.
I will be planting a 4 acre seed bed for a garden and about 25 trees and
pasture.
I figure a small plow, a disk and possibly a cultivator, along with a brush
hog type mower.
But the terminology is driving me nuts..
What is the difference between a 'tandem disk, a 'plow disk and an 'offset
disk ?
is a 'plow disk and a 'tandem' the same animal?
how about a "Hipper disc"
what is a box blade used for, as opposed to a rear blade?.
I am still trying to figure all of this out....

Thanks in advance for any help

Ken Becker
1940 Farmall 'H'
1944 Farmall 'H'