[AT] Am I crazy?/Potato hilling

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Feb 22 20:44:22 PST 2006

Potato hillers are real easy to build. I have built a few of them as
well as adapting horse drawn style to tractor drawn. Start with a pair
of disc harrow blades (dished and the larger the better) make up a T
shaped frame with the proper hitch for your application. The discs get
mounted to uprights that clamp to the crossbar on the T. That enables
you to alter the angles and spacing with little effort.

Basically you want a modern version of this Leroy hiller.
http://www.farmerbrownsplowshop.bigstep.com/generic52.html
about halfway down the page.
They work GREAT and take less power than the blade style.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York