[Farmall] f-20 wheels

birddog cvill at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 22 19:23:59 PST 2006

That is a split rim with a lock ring from your description, Bill.  With
tire fully deflated, a lot of oil or fuel oil and a slide hammer for
tires will usually take it apart.  Re inflation after putting it back
together is the dangerous situation.  If lock ring is not properly
seated or damaged, it can fly out and become a weapon when tire is
pumped up.  Tire installers have to have a retaining cage to put these
in when inflating them.  Not so sure about the lower pressure tractor
tires. As a boy, I knew a man who fatally lost his scalp when inflating
a truck tire.

Just wanted you to be aware before you start the project.  Others may
comment.

Charlie