[Farmall] f-20 wheels

Bill Bains bbains at millenicom.com
Wed Feb 22 17:43:57 PST 2006

I've been looking at the rusty rear wheels on my 1938 F-20.  They have the heavy cast centers with the rim bolted to them. The rim has a retainer ring that holds the tire on and it appears that the rim itself is split with a plate that is riveted to one side of the split and bolted to the other.

I have the feeling that disassembly might be quite a chore.  Has anyone had much experience with taking these apart?  If so, what should I look out for as I proceed?

Thanks,

Bill Bains
Port Angeles, WA