[Ford-ferguson] NAA hydraulics

Buckies at aol.com Buckies at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 21:37:27 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/18/2006 7:22:00 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kurt at dittmer.com writes:

I have a  54 NAA that I rebuilt last year, but I have a problem with the
hydraulics.  The 3 point hitch goes up or down sporadically. When I lift
the lever, the  hydraulics move all the way up, regardless of what I do.
Then when I try  to get it to release or move the 3 point down, I move
the lever and they  may or may not go down. I think it may be the o ring
that is on a valve or  spool within the hydraulic system that is sticking
or too tight. Any ideas  one way or another before I take it apart again?
The system never worked  when I got the tractor and this was a complete
rebuild on my own and  everything else is perfect, so I'm really bummed
about this. Not to  mention what an inconvenience it is when I try to do
anything with it.  Thanks, Kurt

The big spring on the top link area must be set just tight. The whole top
cover machine needs to be very good.

-------------------------------1140327446

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 2/18/2006 7:22:00 P.M. Central Standard Time,=20
kurt at dittmer.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><=
FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=
=3D2>I have a=20
  54 NAA that I rebuilt last year, but I have a problem with the <BR>hydraul=
ics.=20
  The 3 point hitch goes up or down sporadically. When I lift <BR>the lever,=
 the=20
  hydraulics move all the way up, regardless of what I do. <BR>Then when I t=
ry=20
  to get it to release or move the 3 point down, I move <BR>the lever and th=
ey=20
  may or may not go down. I think it may be the o ring <BR>that is on a valv=
e or=20
  spool within the hydraulic system that is sticking <BR>or too tight. Any i=
deas=20
  one way or another before I take it apart again? <BR>The system never work=
ed=20
  when I got the tractor and this was a complete <BR>rebuild on my own and=20
  everything else is perfect, so I'm really bummed <BR>about this. Not to=20
  mention what an inconvenience it is when I try to do <BR>anything with it.=
=20
  Thanks, Kurt</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The big spring on the top link area must be set just tight. The whole t=
op=20
cover machine needs to be very good.</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>