[Ford-ferguson] NAA hydraulics

kurt dittmer kurt at dittmer.com
Sat Feb 18 16:45:35 PST 2006

I have a 54 NAA that I rebuilt last year, but I have a problem with the
hydraulics. The 3 point hitch goes up or down sporadically. When I lift
the lever, the hydraulics move all the way up, regardless of what I do.
Then when I try to get it to release or move the 3 point down, I move
the lever and they may or may not go down. I think it may be the o ring
that is on a valve or spool within the hydraulic system that is sticking
or too tight. Any ideas one way or another before I take it apart again?
The system never worked when I got the tractor and this was a complete
rebuild on my own and everything else is perfect, so I'm really bummed
about this. Not to mention what an inconvenience it is when I try to do
anything with it. Thanks, Kurt