[AT] New Live-in Companion

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Fri Feb 17 06:35:03 PST 2006

    Hi All;
    No, not the 2 legged female type, but a 4 legged male type.
During the past month I have been visited by a pretty 15 month
old male Australian Shepherd. I learned who the owners were and
had taken him 2 times. Talked to the owners on Wednesday and
they said they were not able to give him the attention he needed
as they already have a grown Chocolate Lab and 3 small children
at home. They had seen that the two of us had developed a pretty
strong bond, so they asked if I would adopt him, which I eagerly
agreed to.
    He will weigh about 50 pounds and just a little short on
manners, which I will take the time to teach him. Still has a
lot of puppy in him.  Will start leash training him this
afternoon so he will be ready by time for tractor shows.
    Former owners have agreed to watch him when I go away for a
few days where I can't take him.
    This really is on topic since he really likes being around
the tractors and is fascinated by anything that rotates and
loved trying to catch the snow from the snowblower.
    I have named him Bandy.

                    Gene