[AT] Isuzu 4BD1T (and 1945 IH trucks in California)

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Tue Feb 14 21:36:16 PST 2006

Bruce, I cannot help you on the finding of a good place as I am not in
Washington. But I think they ay be right about the timing being slightly off
given the smoke. We have a 1991 Isuzu NRR (3.8L Turbo) and I do not notice
the smoke you mention.... I am thinking about getting a backup truck just in
case as it has gotten a lot of use and just had a$1100 clutch job - new
clutch over $700 alone. These are very expensive to work on.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California
p.s. I am looking forward to getting my 1945 International Harvester K6 back
on the road. It has 18000 original miles and I am the second owner.... The
oak bed has bitten the dust though, sigh. I will need to put on a steel bed
for the heavy loads I envision. The oak bed was what is called a bean box,
like a corn box but for edible beans. Commonly in the 1930's through 1950's
the southern Salinas Valley had lots of small white beans and other beans
grown and they had to be hauled to the bean elevator. I have not seen any of
these beds in MANY years other than the one I have that has succumbed to rot
from being stored outside unfortunately.